Friday, November 11, 2011

The Writing's on the Wall.

The Ridgefield Guild of Artists gave me a chunk of wall to come up with a clever vignette to showcase some of their merchandise for their upcoming "Festive Home" fundraiser.


And being a lover of vintage books....
...I decided to make wallpaper.
(Not to worry, I only used the books that were already falling apart)

Some good old-fashioned humor in these pages!

Fashioned a book shelf from a branch that was
 a casualty of the most recent Nor'easter storm.

Added a vintage dress-form, and a console 
table my artist friend Judith Randall created
 out of a balcony railing I found in Argentina.


Finally up goes the whimsical artwork of
Ridgefield artist Nancy Moore Hulnick
(and the Guild's holiday merchandise)....

...and voila!

This was a fun installation.  And so easy.  If 
you decide to create your own wall of pages,  I
recommend using a spray adhesive that does not
bleed through, (like Elmer's spray adhesive).  I 
like the loose look of this, but you could always 
give it a good shellacking.





No comments:

Post a Comment